Saturday, October 29, 2011

UFC 137: Brandon Vera lost soul on prelims; Donald Cerrone bulls Dennis Siver in another impressive display


Donald Cerrone bulls Dennis Siver in another impressive display


Donald Cerrone against Dennis Siver was always destined for something special.

They stood, they threw, Cerrone conquered. Siver’s world was rocked by a heavy left leg kick from ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone, leaving his legs jiggly, although the German scrambled to recover his feet and land with a left-right combination.

Seconds later, Siver was off balance again, stumbling out of contact, and to the ground. Cerrone galloped after his foe. Flattening Siver out, the submission by rear naked choke was inevitable. As Siver reddened, the canvas got thumped by the flat of the German’s hand. It took Cerrone 2 minutes 22 seconds to complete the rout. Title shot ? Maybe not for two fights, but certainly Cerrone is now heading that way.


Bart Palaszewski reckons he broke both hands KO-ing Tyson Griffin


Bart Palaszewski knocked out Tyson Griffin with a barrage of punches in the opening round of their 148lb fight after Griffin weighed in at 149 yesterday. The veteran of 48 fights, making his UFC debut, rocked Griffin with two left hands, and as his opponent covered up, he let fly like a threshing machine. He cut Griffin to the floor, his legs crumpling like a loose shirt. Dramatic finish.


Brandon Vera lost soul of the light-heavyweights


Strange to see Brandon Vera not even headlining the prelims. Time was when he was talked about in the same buffed terms as Jon Bones Jones is today. The world was Vera's oyster. He was the next best thing. He defeated Frank Mir.


QUOTES


FRANCIS CARMONT:"Chris is a tough guy, but this is what I do and I do it well. I'm ready for my next fight in a few months. I couldn't be happier with the outcome. I love what I do and I'm going to keep on doing it."

CHRIS CAMOZZI explained: "I just wasn't able to pull the trigger on him. His distance really threw me off the entire bout. I had a great training camp. I really felt prepared for this. I just have to go back and work on a few things."

CLIFFORD STARKS said: "It felt amazing being out there and it was a great way to make my UFC debut. It definitely brought my confidence up. I was going for the knock-out but this was great too. I'll take it!"


UFC 137 results:

Preliminary card (Facebook)


Middleweight bout: United States Dustin Jacoby vs. United States Clifford Starks


Starks defeated Jacoby via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).


Middleweight bout: United States Chris Camozzi vs. France Francis Carmont


Carmont defeated Camozzi via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-27, 30-27).


Lightweight bout: United States Ramsey Nijem vs. United States Danny Downes


Nijem defeated Downes via unanimous decision (30-25, 30-26, 30-27).


Light Heavyweight bout: Brandon Vera vs. Eliot Marshall


Vera bt Marshall by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)


Bart Palaszewski KO Tyson Griffin, Rd 1


Vera defeated Marshall by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)


Donald Cerrone bt Dennis Siver by rear naked choke, Rd 1.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment

Comment