Saturday, August 6, 2011

UFC 133: Rashad Evans versus Tito Ortiz – Live blog


UFC 133 – Live blog…updating…

RESULTS BELOW


Preliminary fights:


In the opening contest, Rafael Natal defeated Paul Bradley via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28).

RAFAEL NATAL

“I am really, really happy about this fight! I feel like I needed it, I worked really hard for it. It was a tough fight and I’m glad I came through winning. Thank you God and thank you UFC.”

PAUL BRADLEY

“I feel like it was my fault, I could have taken him down in the second round. I didn’t, so it’s my fault. It was a close fight, and I am disappointed by the result. Like Dana always says, never leave it to the judges.”


Mike Brown was looking to get his mojo back against Nam Phan. He did, winning by unanimous decision, judge Kao scoring the first round 10-8, after the former WEC featherweight champion dominated Phan on the ground. Brown looked a little static in the pocket, but will be pleased overall with the performance.

MIKE BROWN

“At the beginning my back was haunting me so that’s why I was a little conservative, but I’m glad I got the job done. There was a lot of repetitive trauma there for over four minutes so even though I didn’t knock him out, I know that I was breaking him down. It wasn’t the most perfect fight, but I’m happy I got the victory.”

NAM PHAN

“It was a really tough bout so I did what I could do. Unfortunately it wasn’t enough, but I believe it was as fair as it could be”.


As expected Johny Hendricks and Mike Pierce fought like to bulldozers. Neither wanted to budge an inch. Two immoveable objects. It was a close fight which could have gone either way. I had it 29-28 for Pierce, giving him the third and a very close second round. Two of the judges saw it the other way. Pierce gets a defeat bit it was an excellent fight. Two winners in there tonight.


JOHNY HENDRICKS

“It was a very tough fight. Its always hard with other wrestlers, and he changed levels often making it even harder. I feel that the take downs were even, in fact, I don’t think he took me down at all. I feel awesome, my ground game is good, my knees are great and I am really happy with my improvement.”

MIKE PIERCE

“I’m obviously disappointed. I had a really good camp, went through really good training and I feel disappointed after all the hard work I put in. It was a fair fight, both of us were trying to finish what we started, and unfortunately it went the way it did.”


Ivan Menjivar v Nick Pace came alive in the last minute. Menjivar looked like he had the fight until a knee caught him with a minute to go. Pace ran after Menjivar trying to finish him. Menjivar took it 29-28, unanimous. Boos, but the right decision.


Preliminary card (Facebook)


Middleweight bout: Brazil Rafael Natal vs. United States Paul Bradley


Natal defeated Bradley via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28).


Featherweight bout: United States Mike Brown vs. United States Nam Phan


Brown defeated Phan via unanimous decision (29-27, 29-28, 29-28).


Welterweight bout: United States Johny Hendricks vs. United States Mike Pierce


Hendricks wins by split decision (29-28, 29-28, 28-29)


Catchweight (138lb) bout: Canada Ivan Menjivar vs. United States Nick Pace


Preliminary card (televised)


Featherweight bout: United States Chad Mendes vs. Brazil Rani Yahya


Light Heavyweight bout: United States Matt Hamill vs. Sweden Alexander Gustafsson


Main card


Welterweight bout: United States Mike Pyle vs. Canada Rory MacDonald


Middleweight bout: United States Jorge Rivera vs. Cyprus Costantinos Philippou


Welterweight bout: United States Brian Ebersole vs. United States Dennis Hallman


Middleweight bout: Brazil Vitor Belfort vs. Japan Yoshihiro Akiyama


Light Heavyweight bout: United States Rashad Evans vs. United States Tito Ortiz



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment

Comment