Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Is David Haye really serious about a comeback against Vitali Klitschko ?


If murmurings are to be believed, David Haye has returned from a Caribbean holiday, looked deep into his soul, conversed with former undisputed world heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis – and will now abandon his retirement plans.


Nothing is official. But the boxing rumour mill was grinding away yesterday, the shredding news was that having seen Vitali Klitschko, elder brother of his heavyweight nemesis Wladimir defeat Tomasz Adamek on Saturday night, Haye wishes to challenge the WBC champion.


“I’ve ­reconsidered everything after talking to my family and meeting Lennox in Montego Bay. We chilled out and Lennox gave me some tips on how to beat Vitali, just like he did in 2003. Vitali should give me the chance, if he dares,” Haye was quoted as saying by the website British Boxers on Tuesday.


Haye was adamant that he would walk away from boxing next month, his 31st birthday. There may have been a u-turn.

Vitali fancies it. "David Haye is world famous, not from boxing skills but from his long tongue," Vitali told Sky Sports.


"He is the world's biggest trash-talker and that's why everybody knows him. He touched me and my brother personally and I want to knock him out. I'm serious. I want to knock David Haye out – I can do that. It would be a great to fight in Great Britain."


It's likely to unfold over the coming week. If Haye is serious, that is. And if he is to face Vitali, he'd better be.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment

Comment