Thursday, November 17, 2011

UFC: UNMISSABLE The funniest Chael Sonnen interview with Canadian television


YouTube Preview Image

Sonnen was a guest on Off The Record, the longest-running sports talk show on Canadian television. It airs on TSN, the Canadian equivalent of ESPN. Sonnen exploded on host Michael Landsberg, who was caught off guard. The interview got off to a poor start when Sonnen warned Landsberg to moderate his tone.


Landsberg had opened the interview by suggesting that Sonnen had “backed down” from Anderson Silva by supposedly withdrawing the offer he had made to Anderson Silva after beating Brian Stann at UFC 136.


Sonnen had made Anderson a ‘loser leaves town’ offer to Silva, who was ringside at UFC 136, after defeating Brian Stann yet when Silva stayed silent for weeks afterwards, Sonnen said the offer was no longer valid.


The insinuation made Sonnen rise. Once up, there was no backing down. “You’re telling me I backed down? That’s garbage. How do you say things like, ‘I hear you backed down?’ Here I am looking to pick a fight with Anderson and I backed down? I stood there big and tall while he covered his mouth like a little fruity boy, and you’re gonna come on ESPN and say I backed down while I give you a free interview?” he raged.


“He’s the one that backed down – how could you even say something so stupid? Why don’t you go and try and get a free interview with Anderson Silva and see how that works for you? You’re going to tell me that I backed down? Offers expire, it didn’t work, he didn’t accept it, so its not that I backed down but I need to make a new offer.”





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment

Comment